Research Investigator with over 15 years of experience in molecular biology, vascular biology, immunology, tissue injury and fibrosis, and tissue engineering.
- Currently coordinates multiple research projects focusing on pulmonary fibrosis with specific emphasis on understanding transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms driving myofibroblast differentiation and irreversible lung fibrogenesis.
- Lead investigator in several research projects focusing on different aspects of cell biology including angiogenesis, vascular remodeling , inflammation and tissue fibrosis.
- Experienced in developing 3D multicellular cultures and tissue organoids in serum free-defined media to study cellular response mechanisms and for drug testing.
- Experienced in developing complex human 3D cellular systems using microfluidic platforms to study disease dynamics.
- Extensive experience in most aspects of the drug discovery process including cell signal transduction, target selection and validation, development of in vitro cell-based assays and the design of in vivo preclinical mouse models.
- Demonstrated abilities of leadership as a group manager and project leader in designing and managing multiple research projects in collaboration with universities, hospitals and health care institutions.
- Large peer-reviewed publication history in the fields of research oncology, signal transduction biology, vascular biology, immunology, fibrosis and tissue engineering.
Graduate Faculty (Primary Mentor of Grad Students)
Boston University School of Medicine, Graduate Medical Sciences
Epigenetic gene repression in pulmonary fibrosis
09/18/2019 - 06/30/2023 (PI)NIH/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute5R01HL142596-03
Publications listed below are automatically derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and other
sources, which might result in incorrect or missing publications. Faculty can
to make corrections and additions.
Showing 10 of 46 results.
Jones DL, Meridew JA, Link PA, Ducharme MT, Lydon KL, Choi KM, Caporarello N, Tan Q, Diaz Espinosa AM, Xiong Y, Lee JH, Ye Z, Yan H, Ordog T, Ligresti G, Varelas X, Tschumperlin DJ. ZNF416 is a pivotal transcriptional regulator of fibroblast mechanoactivation. J Cell Biol. 2021 May 03; 220(5).View Related Profiles. PMID: 33625469
Tan Q, Link PA, Meridew JA, Pham TX, Caporarello N, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ. Spontaneous Lung Fibrosis Resolution Reveals Novel Antifibrotic Regulators. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2021 04; 64(4):453-464. PMID: 33493091
Fortier SM, Penke LR, King D, Pham TX, Ligresti G, Peters-Golden M. Myofibroblast dedifferentiation proceeds via distinct transcriptomic and phenotypic transitions. JCI Insight. 2021 Mar 22; 6(6). PMID: 33561015
Ji S, Traini C, Mischopoulou M, Gibbons SJ, Ligresti G, Faussone-Pellegrini MS, Sha L, Farrugia G, Vannucchi MG, Cipriani G. Muscularis macrophages establish cell-to-cell contacts with telocytes/PDGFRa-positive cells and smooth muscle cells in the human and mouse gastrointestinal tract. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2021 03; 33(3):e13993. PMID: 33020982
Vivarelli S, Falzone L, Ligresti G, Candido S, Garozzo A, Magro GG, Bonavida B, Libra M. Role of the Transcription Factor Yin Yang 1 and Its Selectively Identified Target Survivin in High-Grade B-Cells Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Potential Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targets. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Sep 03; 21(17). PMID: 32899428
Caporarello N, Meridew JA, Aravamudhan A, Jones DL, Austin SA, Pham TX, Haak AJ, Moo Choi K, Tan Q, Haresi A, Huang SK, Katusic ZS, Tschumperlin DJ, Ligresti G. Vascular dysfunction in aged mice contributes to persistent lung fibrosis. Aging Cell. 2020 08; 19(8):e13196. PMID: 32691484
Aravamudhan A, Haak AJ, Choi KM, Meridew JA, Caporarello N, Jones DL, Tan Q, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ. TBK1 regulates YAP/TAZ and fibrogenic fibroblast activation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2020 05 01; 318(5):L852-L863. PMID: 32159970
Liu W, Meridew JA, Aravamudhan A, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ, Tan Q. Targeted regulation of fibroblast state by CRISPR-mediated CEBPA expression. Respir Res. 2019 Dec 11; 20(1):281. PMID: 31829168
Tan Q, Ma XY, Liu W, Meridew JA, Jones DL, Haak AJ, Sicard D, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ. Nascent Lung Organoids Reveal Epithelium- and Bone Morphogenetic Protein-mediated Suppression of Fibroblast Activation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2019 11; 61(5):607-619. PMID: 31050552
Haak AJ, Kostallari E, Sicard D, Ligresti G, Choi KM, Caporarello N, Jones DL, Tan Q, Meridew J, Diaz Espinosa AM, Aravamudhan A, Maiers JL, Britt RD, Roden AC, Pabelick CM, Prakash YS, Nouraie SM, Li X, Zhang Y, Kass DJ, Lagares D, Tager AM, Varelas X, Shah VH, Tschumperlin DJ. Selective YAP/TAZ inhibition in fibroblasts via dopamine receptor D1 agonism reverses fibrosis. Sci Transl Med. 2019 10 30; 11(516).View Related Profiles. PMID: 31666402
This graph shows the total number of publications by year, by first, middle/unknown,
or last author.