Research Investigator with over 15 years of experience in molecular biology, vascular biology, immunology, tissue injury and fibrosis, and tissue engineering.
- Currently coordinates multiple research projects focusing on pulmonary fibrosis with specific emphasis on understanding transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms driving myofibroblast differentiation and irreversible lung fibrogenesis.
- Lead investigator in several research projects focusing on different aspects of cell biology including angiogenesis, vascular remodeling , inflammation and tissue fibrosis.
- Experienced in developing 3D multicellular cultures and tissue organoids in serum free-defined media to study cellular response mechanisms and for drug testing.
- Experienced in developing complex human 3D cellular systems using microfluidic platforms to study disease dynamics.
- Extensive experience in most aspects of the drug discovery process including cell signal transduction, target selection and validation, development of in vitro cell-based assays and the design of in vivo preclinical mouse models.
- Demonstrated abilities of leadership as a group manager and project leader in designing and managing multiple research projects in collaboration with universities, hospitals and health care institutions.
- Large peer-reviewed publication history in the fields of research oncology, signal transduction biology, vascular biology, immunology, fibrosis and tissue engineering.
Graduate Faculty (Primary Mentor of Grad Students)
Boston University School of Medicine, Graduate Medical Sciences
Epigenetic gene repression in pulmonary fibrosis
09/18/2019 - 06/30/2023 (PI)NIH/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute7R01HL142596-02
Publications listed below are automatically derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and other
sources, which might result in incorrect or missing publications. Faculty can
to make corrections and additions.
Showing 10 of 42 results.
Vivarelli S, Falzone L, Ligresti G, Candido S, Garozzo A, Magro GG, Bonavida B, Libra M. Role of the Transcription Factor Yin Yang 1 and Its Selectively Identified Target Survivin in High-Grade B-Cells Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Potential Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targets. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Sep 03; 21(17). PMID: 32899428
Caporarello N, Meridew JA, Aravamudhan A, Jones DL, Austin SA, Pham TX, Haak AJ, Moo Choi K, Tan Q, Haresi A, Huang SK, Katusic ZS, Tschumperlin DJ, Ligresti G. Vascular dysfunction in aged mice contributes to persistent lung fibrosis. Aging Cell. 2020 Jul 21; e13196. PMID: 32691484
Aravamudhan A, Haak AJ, Choi KM, Meridew JA, Caporarello N, Jones DL, Tan Q, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ. TBK1 regulates YAP/TAZ and fibrogenic fibroblast activation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2020 05 01; 318(5):L852-L863. PMID: 32159970
Liu W, Meridew JA, Aravamudhan A, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ, Tan Q. Targeted regulation of fibroblast state by CRISPR-mediated CEBPA expression. Respir Res. 2019 Dec 11; 20(1):281. PMID: 31829168
Tan Q, Ma XY, Liu W, Meridew JA, Jones DL, Haak AJ, Sicard D, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ. Nascent Lung Organoids Reveal Epithelium- and Bone Morphogenetic Protein-mediated Suppression of Fibroblast Activation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2019 11; 61(5):607-619. PMID: 31050552
Haak AJ, Kostallari E, Sicard D, Ligresti G, Choi KM, Caporarello N, Jones DL, Tan Q, Meridew J, Diaz Espinosa AM, Aravamudhan A, Maiers JL, Britt RD, Roden AC, Pabelick CM, Prakash YS, Nouraie SM, Li X, Zhang Y, Kass DJ, Lagares D, Tager AM, Varelas X, Shah VH, Tschumperlin DJ. Selective YAP/TAZ inhibition in fibroblasts via dopamine receptor D1 agonism reverses fibrosis. Sci Transl Med. 2019 10 30; 11(516).View Related Profiles. PMID: 31666402
Jones DL, Haak AJ, Caporarello N, Choi KM, Ye Z, Yan H, Varelas X, Ordog T, Ligresti G, Tschumperlin DJ. TGFß-induced fibroblast activation requires persistent and targeted HDAC-mediated gene repression. J Cell Sci. 2019 10 18; 132(20).View Related Profiles. PMID: 31527052
Caporarello N, Meridew JA, Jones DL, Tan Q, Haak AJ, Choi KM, Manlove LJ, Prakash YS, Tschumperlin DJ, Ligresti G. PGC1a repression in IPF fibroblasts drives a pathologic metabolic, secretory and fibrogenic state. Thorax. 2019 08; 74(8):749-760. PMID: 31182654
Ligresti G, Caporarello N, Meridew JA, Jones DL, Tan Q, Choi KM, Haak AJ, Aravamudhan A, Roden AC, Prakash YS, Lomberk G, Urrutia RA, Tschumperlin DJ. CBX5/G9a/H3K9me-mediated gene repression is essential to fibroblast activation during lung fibrosis. JCI Insight. 2019 05 16; 5. PMID: 31095524
Jones DL, Ligresti G. Survivin IPF: Targeting Cellular Metabolism to Promote Apoptosis in IPF Fibroblasts. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2019 01; 60(1):5-6. PMID: 30211627
This graph shows the total number of publications by year, by first, middle/unknown,
or last author.