Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility
My approach to DEIA is grounded in the unassailable humanity of all individuals, including those from marginalized groups. In my work as an Obstetrician & Gynecologist, this commitment is reflected in my work to address not just inequities in clinical outcomes, but to optimize the experience of care for women and gender-expansive people who identify as Black, Indigenous or people of color or who have lower incomes. I believe that achieving an optimal care of experience of marginalized communities requires a healthcare workforce that reflects the community it serves, where everyone – clinician, trainee, or front-line staff representative - has equal access to opportunities to grow and thrive within the institution.
Selected Equity & Inclusion Roles & Activities
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Boston Medical Center
Director, Equity & Inclusion
- Develop strategic plan and best practices to achieve equitable patient outcomes and workplace inclusion
- Contributed to hospital-wide implementation of microaggression training curriculum.
Co-Chair, Health Equity Committee
- Lead equity/inclusion efforts within OB/GYN department including biannual climate survey
- Developed equity leadership training curriculum
Co-Principal Investigator, Equity in Pregnancy Initiative, Health Equity Accelerator
- Lead implementation of PREM-OB Scale (TM) Suite at Boston Medical Center in partnership with Birthing Cultural Rigor, LLC and Resilient Sisterhood Project
- Developing first-ever community advisory board for BMC OB/GYN department
Residency Interview Selection Committee
- Contribute to selection of standardized interview questions for holistic application review and interviewing
- Participate in applicant review, interviewing for OB/GYN residency
Boston University School of Medicine
Early Medical School Selection Program Application Committee
- Interview applicants for pipeline program to BUSM
Massachusetts Racial Inequities in Maternal Health Commission Early Medical School Selection
Massachusetts COVID-19 Maternal Equity Coalition
Reproductive, Sexual & Gynecology Health Community Partnership (RESTORE)
01/01/2022 - 06/30/2023 (PI)Mace Foundation
Publications listed below are automatically derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and other
sources, which might result in incorrect or missing publications. Faculty can
to make corrections and additions.
Lobo SJ, Lin JG, Vais S, Wang D, Adegoke TM, Wu WJ, Steer-Massaro C. Pap Smear and Mammogram Screening Rates in a Refugee and General OB/GYN Clinic: A Retrospective Review. J Immigr Minor Health. 2022 Feb; 24(1):111-117.View Related Profiles. PMID: 34714467
Adegoke TM, Pinder LF, Ndiwane N, Parker SE, Vragovic O, Yarrington CD. Inequities in Adverse Maternal and Perinatal Outcomes: The Effect of Maternal Race and Nativity. Matern Child Health J. 2022 Apr; 26(4):823-833.View Related Profiles. PMID: 34424456; DOI: 10.1007/s10995-021-03225-0;
Adegoke T, Mahalingaiah, S. Uterine Fibroids. Ed: J. Petrozza. GnRH Antagonists in Treatment of Uterine Fibroids. CRC Press. Boca Raton, FL. 2020.
Vais S, Siu J, Maru S, Abbott J, St Hill I, Achilike C, Wu WJ, Adegoke TM, Steer-Massaro C. Rides for Refugees: A Transportation Assistance Pilot for Women's Health. J Immigr Minor Health. 2020 Feb; 22(1):74-81.View Related Profiles. PMID: 31758420
This graph shows the total number of publications by year, by first, middle/unknown,
or last author.